Sponsorship is a process of supporting a disadvantaged child to achieve the maximum of her potential. Support may be psychological, social or economic and is continued till the child becomes self-sufficient. This could also mean contributing to the child’s community with the aim of providing a conducive environment for the development of the child.
CASP concept of sponsorship:
The Sponsorship program of CASP is based on the following principles: –
- The creation of a ‘relationship’ between the sponsor, the child and the child’s family.
- The child continues to stay with a family (parents /relatives/ foster care) and is NEVER institutionalised.
- The child MUST continue in education.
- The aid helps the family to bear the educational expenses of the child either completely or partially.
- The child is provided with psycho-social support to continue in education.
- Community development activities are also implemented.
Balwadi 3 to 6 years
Sponsorship 6 to 18 years or completion of 12th std. whichever is earlier
Scholarship 18 years of age and above till the completion of higher education, or 21 years, whichever is later. A sponsor may opt to sponsor a child in any of these categories.
|Status of the Caseload of CASP as on December 2016|
|Sponsored Girls under Nanhi Kali Project by K.C. Mahindra in Mumbai and Delhi||300|
|Total Number of Sponsorship under CASP at different locations||6997|
1233total visits,8visits today